Criminal Injury Claims

If you have a question that we’ve not covered here please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.

Alison McCormack


How long do I have to apply?

You must apply as soon as it is reasonably practicable for you to do so. If you were an adult at the time of the incident, this should normally not be later than two years after it occurred. The CICA may extend this time limit where:

  • due to exceptional circumstances an application could not have been made earlier; and
  • the evidence provided in support of the application means that it can be determined without further extensive enquiries by a claims officer.

 Where you were under 18 at the time of the incident an application must be received:

  • by your 20th birthday, if the incident was reported to the police before your 18th birthday.
  • within two years of the first report to the police, if the incident was reported to the police on or after your 18th birthday.

For further information please call Alison now.

Get in touch

Our location

We're based in Crosby, Liverpool, UK

Call Us

Alison McCormack Solicitors - Criminal Injury Claims Specialists

Alison McCormack


0151 294 6307

7 + 7 =